INCANDESCENT LAMPS – THE WARM LIGHT
• In an enclosed evacuated or gas-filled bulb, electrical current is passed through a tungsten wire so that it glows. Apart from the heat the tungsten wire gives out light, but light accounts only to 5% of its output. As the temperature rises so too does the amount of light produced and the color temperature. Lamp life is reduced however because the wire vaporizes more quickly at high temperatures and gets thinner and thinner till it melts at its weakest point.
• The first carbon filament lamp manages a luminous efficiency of 1.7 lumen per watt. Modern standards have 17 lumens per watt.
• Lamp life has increased up to 1,000 hours.
1. [A-shape] standard lamps
2. [B-shape] candle
3. [Bw-shape] twisted candle
4. [P-shape] pear shapes/ round
5. [E-shape] mushroom
6. [T-shape] tubular
8. [T45]tubular/ round tip
9. [R-shape] reflector
10. [PAR] wide reflector
11. [G-shape] globe
12. [LIN] linear
- FR – frosted
- CL – classic
- SIL – krypton coated or siliconized
- SP – spot
- NSP – narrow spot
- FL – flood
- MFL – medium flood
- WFL – wide flood]
- TV – TV ambience blue light
TUNGSTEN-HALOGEN LAMPS – THE POWERFUL COOL LIGHT
• Halogen lamps provide a much luminous intensity than incandescent lamps and a whiter light that makes the colors appear much more vibrant
• Halogen lamps are attractive because it gives surfaces a scintillating (lively) shine and provides an enchanting effect as the spectral colors shimmer in the reflectors.
THE TUNGSTEN-HALOGEN CYCLE
• The glass bulb on a halogen lamp always stays crystal clear because of the halogen filler gas.
• The halogen prevents the vaporized tungsten from being deposited on the inside of the bulb by combining with the vaporized tungsten and making it flow back to the hot filament
• Tungsten-halogen lamps make colors vibrant and produce attractive glittering effects
• They remain uniformly bright light throughout their life
• They produce more light and lasts twice longer than the incandescent light
• Halogen lamps have UV-absorbent tubes made of “doped” quartz. UV radiation reduced to 50%
• Life of 2000 hours
• 10 – 25% more light than conventional light bulbs
• Brilliant white light
• Simple mains operation, no transformer required
• Aluminum coating reflectors reduce thermal load on the luminaire
• Gold plated base pins protects against corrosion
• They give out excellent light, save energy and look great
• Twice as bright as an incandescent lamp
• Lasts 15 times as long as an ordinary light bulb
• Consumes 80% less electricity
COMPACT & ECONOMICAL
• Compact fluorescent lamps work in the same way as fluorescent lamps but take up much less space
E. DISCHARGE LAMPS
F. SPECIAL LAMPS
G. ELECTRONIC CONTROL GEAR.